One of the first experiences you have at all betting sites is making a deposit to fund your account. It’s important that banking options at betting websites are convenient.
The purpose of this page is to assist you in finding the funding method that best serves your unique needs. These are some of the best betting deposit options according to security, ease of use, and speed of processing.
Sites with Fast, Easy, and Secure Deposits
Safe betting sites make it easy to deposit, play, and get paid. This is partially a result of increased competition in the gambling industry and partially a result of advancements in online banking in general. Between the countless online merchants, auction websites, and bookmakers that serve a global audience, business is good for the payment processing industry.
However, we have yet to see a one-size-fits-all betting deposit option that works for everyone, everywhere. The best banking methods vary based on your location, currency, and language.
Some gambling payment methods are only available to select countries while others are open world wide. If you’re considering making a deposit and want to know more about available funding method and which betting sites accept them, you’ve come to the right place.
Types of Payment Methods at Betting Sites
The descriptions below list major categories of betting deposit options rather than individual banking methods themselves.
- E-wallet Betting Sites: Electronic wallet services such as Neteller, Skrill and PayPal offer a convenient funding mechanism for frequent punters. As the name suggests, e-wallets act as digital wallets where you can store your money, initiate deposits, and receive payments. E-wallets act as middlemen between your banking information and your betting site.
- Credit Card Betting Sites: Credit cards are among the most popular betting deposit methods. Payments are processed instantly, most people have at least one credit or debit card and the process of using credit cards to deposit at betting sites is familiar to anyone who has made an online purchase in the past.
- Debit Card Deposits: Same idea as credit cards except you use the card linked to your bank account. The biggest difference here is that you need to have the money in your account before you can deposit, you shouldn’t bet on credit anyways. If it all possible, try to deposit with your debit card before trying a credit card. Betting sites that accept debit cards have higher approval rates.
- eChecks: Electronic checks are simple, fast and safe. All you need is a checking account and you can input your information to send money straight from the bank to your betting account. Many online betting sites offer eCheck deposits and payouts.
- Prepaid Voucher Betting Sites: Prepaid vouchers offer greater security and anonymity than most other gambling deposit methods. You can take physical cash to the local petrol station or department store and leave with an anonymous card or voucher credited with the cash. Take your voucher home, log into your player account, and enter the information provided with the voucher/card. Paysafecard is one of the most recognized names in the prepaid betting voucher category.
- Bank Transfers: Bank transfers at betting sites work similar to eChecks, but the technicalities are a little different. If you choose this option, the betting site will ask for your information and then provide you with an estimated time frame for the money to be credited to your account.
- Instant Deposits: These are the types of betting payment methods you should consider first if you want to start placing real money bets as quickly as possible. The methods described on this page usually have you up and running in minutes.
Specific Betting Deposit Options Explained
This section explains how individual payment options work at online betting sites. Each individual page lists more detailed information including which gambling sites accept that method.