Online Sports Betting Sites
Anyone looking to wager at online sports betting sites finds themselves faced with a simply staggering choice of online bookmakers and sportsbooks. There are hundreds of options and they are all keen to get you as a customer. We are here to help you find the right establishments, fitting your personal requirements, and ensuring you get the best possible value for your action.
We strongly recommend the following sites. Our recommendations are based on our own experiences at these bookmakers and we regularly use them ourselves for our own plays. All of the sports betting sites listed here are safe, trustworthy, and customers can expect a positive experience.
Best Sports Betting Sites
The destinations we recommend are of a high standard overall, but some are better for certain aspects than others. We suggest reading our ratings and reviews, and making choices based on which places seem to fit your own personal tastes. It is also advisable to have accounts at multiple online sportsbooks and bookmakers, so it is worth trying at least a couple of the brands recommended here and discovering for yourself which places meet your own requirements and preferences
For our users convenience, we have also developed listings tailored to each sport.
Sports Specific Betting Websites:
When searching where to signup at, there are plenty of places to choose from. Knowing which to join, however, is not necessarily an easy decision if you are a beginner then you may not really know where to start. Even if you are more experienced and know exactly what you are looking for, it is not necessarily that easy to determine which venues might be best for you. Our reviews can help you with the selection process, as we provide detailed information on what those spots have to offer.
The process for reviewing sports betting sites is not a particularly complicated one. We only recommend platforms we have used ourselves, and the reviews we publish are based on a combination of our own experience and any additional required details. We try to provide as much relevant information as is possible, and always ensure that our ratings are accurate and honest. For sports betting site reviews, we include important details such as sign up bonuses or free plays for new customers, what leagues and events are covered, the range of stakes available, and how easy the interface is to use. We usually suggest that you read a number of our reviews and determine which selection is best for you.
These reviews will be very useful for you when it comes to choosing where to sign up at:
- Bet365.com Review
- BetVictor.com Review
- 888.com Review
- Betsson.com Review
- Intertops.eu Review
- SkyBet.com Review
- PaddyPower.com Review
- BetFair.com Review
Why Use Online Bookmakers And Sportsbooks?
There are several reasons for choosing to place your sports bet online as opposed to in a physical shop or using a telephone service. It is certainly far more convenient – simply log into your account, check the odds, and make your picks. It is also easier to check the lines and odds offered, making sure you get the best price before making your selection.
Browsing and searching for events, leagues, and markets that interest you is simple and convenient. Although, we advise you generally stick to wagers in areas you understand well. The choices sports fans have are far broader than you will find in any Vegas casino, UK betting shop, or through a local agent. More importantly, extra value is found in terms of promotions and signup incentives.
If you are new to sports betting online, then placing a bet online is far less intimidating than going into a bookmakers shop and not really knowing what to do. Most bookmaker websites are very simple to use and offer clear instructions or tutorials about how to get started.
The web also provides the unique opportunity to research while deciding which wagers to make. There is a lot of information about virtually every sport you can imagine; so if you want to check out some statistics or previous results before proceeding it is easy to do.
Most sports betting websites will run decent promotions for regular customers – offering the chance to win all kinds of prizes ranging from cash, gifts, free bets or tickets to sporting events. The best brands know how to look after their customers and work hard to do so. Features such as live in play events are available at most online sportsbooks and enhance your overall experience and provide additional ways to win some money.
How We Determine Top Sports Betting Sites
There really is no definitive answer to this. People will have different requirements based on their own tastes and preferences, which sports they prefer and how much they intend to wager. That being said, there are some factors that should definitely be considered when choosing where to bet on sports online. We believe that the following criteria are important elements in a quality selection:
- Suitable Licensing - Safe sportsbooks will be properly licensed in at least one reputable jurisdiction and agency. Any site that is not adequately licensed should be an immediate red flag to anyone considering giving action there. Many of the biggest brands will hold multiple licenses, especially if they operate in well regulated countries.
- History and Reputation - Many online bookmakers have been around for a long time and have maintained a strong reputation, some of the UK shops have been around for several decades and naturally are the operators we trust most and prefer to reccomend. That is not to say that new estbablishments shouldn't be considered, but a positive public image is a major plus point and we advise readers to let others test out new brands over a couple of seasons to see what type of feedback players are giving. In other words, we feel like it is not worth playing at any site that is not well established, as there is plenty of trusted places to play at already. You will find that most of our recommendations will follow this advice.
- Good Prices, Odds, and Lines - It is often surprising to see how much the odds on a particular wager may vary from one sports gambling site to another. Getting a good price greatly increases the value you receive from your action. We advise players keep funded accounts at several places in order to line shop. Players that actively shop for the best line will win more over time than players who don't. Do the math on this and we are sure that you will agree.
- Depositing and Withdrawal Options - The best sports betting sites will offer a variety of options for depositing your money and withdrawing any winnings. As much as this seems like it should be a no brainer, payment processing is a genuine challenge in many parts of the world. Well established brands tend to have the most options. We advise players to stay up to date with current payout times, and determine what if any fees involved might be, along with other requirements like rollovers for taking bonus offers.
- Safety and Security - All reputable sportsbooks will employ the latest security measures to ensure that your details are completely safe. Players need to be careful about security threats from other players including unauthorized access and hacked accounts, as well as outside threats like comprised gaming software used by the brand. Reputable bookies will employ a security team of specialists and use up to date platforms.
- Quality Customer Support - Any site worth considering will provide 24 hour support and a range of contact options. In addition, players should expect quick and helpful answers when help is needed. How operators deal with problems and situations that come up is essential to the overall satisfaction of it's players. Anyone with much experience in this industry will likely have stories to share of encounters with customer service agents who were not helpful, couldn't speak the language, or even rude.
- Promotions, Contests, Rewards, and Incentives - Free bets, bonuses, and other promotions can add significant value to your overall experience. Top gambling sites will ensure they reward their regular customers with frequent rewards and promotions. The added value players recieve when partaking in added value programs can be significant, especially for frequent players. Companies that don't regularly reward customers for their loyalty should be avoided, because the competition in the market ensures another brand will.
We have taken all of this and more into consideration when choosing the sites we have listed. We have the utmost confidence that anyone signing up for an account will have a positive overall experience. As enthusiasts ourselves, we know what we want and we know that our recommended portals consistently deliver. Soon we plan to add a section with further reading covering additional topics like how to find handicapping sites you can trust.
If you already partake at sports betting sites, or if you are a beginner getting involved for the first time, then we advise you to try out one or more of the brands listed on this page and see what YOU think yourself. We don’t believe you’ll be disappointed, and we'd love to hear more about your experience (use the contact form at the bottom of the page) and opinions, if you have any issues we can also assist you in getting in contact with representatives of the various companies we have relationships with.