Always Dreaming, winner of the Kentucky Derby earlier this month, has opened as the even money favourite ahead of the 2017 Preakness Stakes. Online betting sites taking futures on the Preakness Stakes have all priced an Always Dreaming repeat at odds of roughly 1/1 on the back of his 2 and 3/4 lengths victory over Lookin At Lee and Battle of Midway last Saturday.
Now, we look forward to the 142nd running of the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico Race Court in Baltimore, Maryland. The field is already shaping up to include some familiar names as betting sites publish odds on a mix of horses we have recently seen in action including Always Dreaming (1/1), Classic Empire (9/2), Lookin At Lee (8/1), Gunnevera (12/1) and Hence (12/1).
Where to Bet on the Preakness Stakes Online
With Always Dreaming confirmed to run, the Preakness Stakes also presents our first opportunity to see if we have a Triple Crown contender in 2017. American Pharoah was the last horse to capture the Triple Crown in 2015 after winning the Kentucky Derby, Preakness Stakes and the Belmont Stakes. Prior to American Pharoah’s incredible run in 2015, the last horse to win the Triple Crown was Affirmed in 1978.
We are now entering a long and grueling stretch that runs across all three Triple Crown events, so it will be important to keep an eye on the news if you plan on placing any early bets on the 2017 Preakness Stakes. With such a short turnaround between three competitive races and a lot of traveling, some trainers inevitably end up deciding to pull out of one or more Triple Crown races in order to rest their runners.
It is completely normal for hype and publicity to make the Kentucky Derby winner the clear favourite heading into the second leg of the Triple Crown, but Always Dreaming really does have more to offer than name recognition. He put on a worthy performance that showed a rare combination of speed and stamina. Always Dreaming kept to the front of the pack early and still made a late push at the end to win the race.
This was a comfortable win for Always Dreaming:
On the other hand, we’ll be looking at different conditions at the Preakness Stakes. For one, there will be a smaller field and that will give other runners more opportunity to race according to their own strategies. Second, the Kentucky Derby was run on a sloppy track and that will likely not be the case for the Preakness Stakes.
2017 Preakness Stakes Betting Odds
Now as we look to the Preakness Stakes in Baltimore, the early betting odds have been published and international horse betting sites are ready for your action. Below are the early odds for each horse as offered by the best racing bookmakers.
|Lookin At Lee||9/1||10/1|
|Conquest Mo Money||16/1||14/1|
For our readers in the United States, early betting is not an option among licensed betting sites. They will post the odds closer to post-time, but the above odds do serve as a general guideline as to what the oddsmakers are thinking regarding each horse’s chances.
Promotions Worth Grabbing Ahead of the Preakness Stakes
We’re in a busy stretch right now in the middle of the American Triple Crown season and betting sites are keen to capitalize on the interest in betting that always spikes around this time of year. What this means for you is the opportunity to take advantage of generous promotions and welcome bonuses to help build the betting bankroll.
- Welcome Offer: 200% Bonus up to $400 – The best racing bonus of all is BetAmerica’s 200% welcome bonus which will triple your first deposit. If you deposit $100, for example, BetAmerica will add $200 on top of that. No bonus codes are necessary. Just sign up for an account and make your first deposit.
- Free Past Performances: You can save a little money on your Preakness Stakes research by getting free past performances courtesy of BetAmerica. If you buy a past performance and place bets of $3 or more on that track that day, BetAmerica will refund the cost of your past performances the next morning.
- Inquiry Relief: BetAmerica is the only licensed horse racing site in the USA that always pays when your horse crosses the line first. Even if the racing stewards disqualify your horse after the race, BetAmerica will still pay your full winnings.
- Visit: www.betamerica.com
- Welcome Bonus: Get $100 Extra – TwinSpires offers a flat $100 welcome bonus to all customers regardless of the size of their first deposit. Instead, TwinSpires will credit your account with $100 if you wager $500 within 30 days of registering your account.
- Visit: www.twinspires.com