Barstool Sportsbook debuted nationwide by launching retail sportsbooks at Penn National Gaming properties. After establishing its retail locations, Barstool Sportsbook launched statewide mobile betting for customers 21 or older and located in states that allow online sports betting.
Read on for a full Barstool Sportsbook review. Below, we will discuss the company’s approach to the sports betting business, what types of bonuses and promotions new customers can claim, and much more.
OnlineBetingSites.com hasn’t negotiated any special offers with Barstool Sportsbook, until we do we suggest wagering at our alternative partner brand, listed below:
The Barstool Sportsbook Rundown
- Established: 2020
- Mobile Apps: iOS and Android
- Website: BarstoolSportsbook.com
- Sports Covered: All major US and international sports; college sports
- Welcome Bonus: 100% risk-free bet worth up to $1,000
- License Status: Approved (Penn Sports Interactive, LLC)
Barstool Sportsbook Bonus
Barstool Sportsbook offers a 100% risk-free first bet to all new customers. To claim this offer, visit BarstoolSportsbook.com to sign up for an account or for links to download the official mobile app for iOS and Android devices.
Next, make a first deposit and place your first bet. If it wins, you will keep your winnings, and the promotion ends there. If it loses, Barstool Sportsbook will refund your wager with bonus funds of an equal amount for up to $1,000 back.
The most important thing to know about the Barstool Sportsbook bonus is that refunds are initially issued as site credit. Bettors must play through the bonus funds one time (1x rollover) to clear it for withdrawal. Only wagers placed at odds of -200 or longer (i.e., -120, -110, +110, +200, etc.) count toward the 1x wagering requirement.
Other Barstool Betting Promotions
One thing Barstool Sportsbook has done well from the beginning is offering frequent, interesting promotions. While many sportsbooks issue unimaginative promos, Barstool Sportsbook always comes up with something for new and existing customers.
Below are examples of recent Barstool Sportsbook promos. Keep in mind Barstool’s offers change often, and the following promotions are only a snapshot of what was available at the time of this review.
- Jersey Giveaway: Win an authentic, autographed jersey of your choice. Opt-in, and for every $25 you place in wagers, you’ll earn one entry into the drawing.
- Barstool Parlay Jackpot: Win a share of Barstool’s $5,000 parlay jackpot. Opt-in and place a minimum $3 bet on any 10+ leg parlay with minimum odds of +50,000 to participate. Any bettors who win their parlays will take home a nice payout just for that plus an equal share in Barstool’s $5,000 parlay prize pool.
- #BetOnGirls: Opt in and place a wager on any #BetOnGirls wager within the Barstool exclusives tab to get back up to $5 if your bet loses.
- $10 No-Deposit Bonus: During this promotion period, new customers who registered for an account received an instant $10 bonus just for signing up with no deposit needed
- $5 Customization Bonus: Get a $5 sportsbook cash bonus just for logging in and updating the “betting favorites” section in your account preferences.
- Barstool Power Hour: Log in to Barstool Sportsbook every weekday evening for daily odds discounts on selected matches.
Barstool Sportsbook Loyalty Rewards Program
Barstool Sportsbook is fully integrated into Penn National’s larger Mychoice Loyalty rewards program. Every wager placed through Barstool Sportsbook earns Mychoice points and moves customers up through the loyalty program for increasingly valuable benefits.
Benefits include special access and treatment at all Penn National Gaming locations, invitations to exclusive bonuses, and gifts ranging from Barstool merchandise to complimentary cruise ship vacations.
The program operates on tier points, which Barstool customers earn at the following rates:
- 1 tier point for every $10 wagered on straight bets
- 1 tier point for every $10 wagered on Barstool exclusive bets
- 1 tier point for every $5 wagered on parlays
Barstool Sportsbook customers can redeem tier points for special rewards and merchandise. Additionally, the more tier points bettors earn, the higher they move through the VIP program.
At the lower levels, customers earn special offers to Mychoice destinations, invitations to exclusive promotions, and more. At the higher levels, players can earn substantial perks such as free cruise trips, VIP seating at entertainment events, and even a complimentary 1-year Mercedes-Benz lease.
Readers can learn more about Mychoice benefits here.
Barstool Sportsbook App Review
Barstool Sportsbook boasts one of the better mobile apps on the market for iOS and Android devices. From download to signing up and placing bets, the Barstool Sportsbook app operates smoothly. The interface is easy to understand, and we had no trouble finding specific sports leagues or games to bet on.
Tapping to view the betting interface for an individual game brings up a full list of wagers plus access to statistics and betting trends. The statistics section is simple in presentation and doesn’t go into great detail, but it’s a nice addition not found at most sportsbooks.
For example, the Barstool Sportsbook app provided the following stats for a recent basketball game, viewable in a horizontal scroll menu near the top of the page:
- Implied win probability percentage (% chance of winning as implied by each team’s odds)
- Recent games and final scores for each team
- Most recent head-to-head outcomes between the two teams
- Hot tip with a random note of interest regarding the matchup
- Recent over/under results for each team
- Recent home/away game results for each team
Bettors may also find broader betting trends placed near the top of any league’s page within the app. For example, a visit to the NCAA basketball tab for this review brought us to a page showing all upcoming games plus the biggest ongoing win/lose streaks in college basketball.
In-Play Betting Review
Barstool Sportsbook offers in-play betting every day for numerous professional and college sports. Users can tap or click the “live” menu item to view all ongoing in-play betting events or open the A-Z sports list to see how many live events are running for each league.
The Barstool Sportsbook in-play betting interface looks and functions similar to those of other sportsbooks. Customers can follow the action through a live stats display near the top of the page while placing wagers in real-time.
Currently, the in-play betting experience at Barstool Sportsbook is good but not exceptional. The addition of live streaming video would put Barstool Sportsbook in a much more competitive position for in-play betting.
However, Barstool Sports already has a great live streaming lineup as it is. Players can download the Barstool Sports app (not the betting app) to catch regular live streams and sweat games with the team.
Betting Markets and Types of Wagers
Barstool Sportsbook covers a full range of professional sports, college sports, and international leagues. Customers will find extensive coverage of the major US leagues (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and PGA) plus college basketball and college football every year.
Regulators in states Barstool Sportsbook operates in allow the operator to offer a standard variety of bet types for most of the world’s foremost sports leagues and many niche leagues. Barstool Sportsbook takes full advantage.
Barstool Sportsbook also provides some innovative features, such as the “move the line” option that lets customers use a scroller to buy and sell points at will. Overall, Barstool Sportsbook displays ample market depth for every game it covers.
Sports covered: Australian rules, baseball, basketball, boxing, cricket, cycling, darts, football, golf, hockey, motorsports, Rugby League, Rugby Union, soccer, table tennis, tennis, UFC / MMA, and volleyball.
Types of wagers offered: Moneyline, point spread, alternative point spreads, game totals, team totals, half/quarter/period results, total points odd/even, player stat props, first point scorer, last point scorer, and many more.
Barstool Sportsbook Deposit Methods
Customers can fund their Barstool Sportsbook accounts through several methods:
- Credit and debit card: Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and mycash accepted. Note that some card issuers may automatically decline transactions related to online sports betting. In that case, the best option is to try a different card or deposit method.
- Apple Pay: Available on Apple devices only, funds deposits via credit or debit cards from Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and mycash stored in your Apple wallet
- Play+ Card: Instant online debit card – sign up and deposit on the same day. Customers also receive a physical card by mail for cash withdrawals at ATMs and in-person purchases.
- PayNearMe: Pay with cash at a participating PayNearMe location, such as 7-Eleven, CVS, and Family Dollar
- Wire Transfer: Initiate a wire transfer to send money directly to your Barstool Sportsbook account
- PayPal: Use your existing PayPal account for instant deposits
- Online Banking: Use your bank’s online banking feature to log in and authorize an instant online deposit to Barstool Sportsbook
- ACH / E-Check: Transfer funds to and from your Barstool Sportsbook account with your checking or savings account
Barstool Sportsbook rates well for customer support. Guests can visit the Barstool Sportsbook website or mobile app to view a thorough self-support guide or speak to a support rep via live chat, phone, or e-mail.
Readers may know Barstool Sports as an irreverent player in the sports betting and commentary markets, but it does take responsible gambling seriously. Bettors can visit the Barstool Sportsbook website or log in to the mobile app and select the responsible gambling menu item for support, resources, and tools.
Customers can also log in to set custom deposit limits, wager total limits, single wager limits, and playing time limits. Users can also set 15-, 30-, or 45-minute reality checks to establish regular popups with spending and time spent reminders.
Additionally, users can log in to request self-exclusion periods, timeouts of up to four weeks, and permanently close their accounts.
About the Barstool Bets App
The Barstool Bets app functions as the company’s sports betting news and gambling entertainment arm
Users can download the Barstool Bets app to follow BSS personalities, read betting previews, listen to podcasts and participate in free-to-play contests for a chance to win real money. Barstool Bets keeps fans involved and up to date legally in states where online sports betting isn’t yet legal.
Barstool Bets contests operate as handicapping competitions but free to enter. For example, players might enter a contest covering a single NFL game and are given 1,000 points to place in-game “wagers” throughout the game. The contestants with the largest points balances at the end earn real payouts.
More About Barstool Sportsbook
The Barstool Sportsbook brand comes to the US market courtesy of a partnership between casino operator Penn National Gaming and sports media outlet Barstool Sports.
For those unfamiliar with Barstool Sports, the company serves as one of the nation’s major sports betting news, commentary and podcasting operations. Barstool Sports was established in 2003 by Dave Portnoy, who remains the outspoken and occasionally controversial public face of the company.
In January 2020, Penn National Gaming acquired a 36% interest in Barstool Sports for $163 million in cash and stock as a part of a deal that would see Barstool Sports serve as Penn National’s official gaming provider.
At a glance, the partnership agreement appears to be a smart fit for both operators.
Barstool Sports brings a massive and dedicated userbase as a sports media outlet that logs upwards of 66 million unique visitors per month. With a large customer database, Barstool Sportsbook can hit the ground running and compete against major operators such as DraftKings and FanDuel that also have large userbases.
Meanwhile, Penn National Gaming provides market access as the parent company of properties in 19 states across the country. Fans can visit any of those properties to bet in-person at retail Barstool Sportsbooks.
Company officials have also explained they want to offer more than just a simple sportsbook where customers log on, place bets, and log off. Instead, Barstool Sportsbook provides a more social experience with Barstool personalities interacting with customers, live events, and more.
A Penn National presentation from the Barstool Sports acquisition launched laid out the company’s approach to sports betting:
- Penn National leverages Barstool Sports’ brand name to promote its retail sportsbooks, mobile betting, and online casino products.
- Barstool Sportsbook provides Penn National a “complementary” audience that already has “a strong affinity for sports and gaming.”
- Key Barstool Sports talent is “highly incentivized” to grow Penn National’s business and minimize new customer acquisition costs.
- Barstool uses its “key talent, live events, and tailored content” to promote Penn National casinos.
Wes Burns has more than a decade’s worth of experience as a writer, researcher, and analyst in the legal online betting industry and is co-founder of OnlineBettingSites.com. Wes approaches his work from the viewpoint of players.